CC-101 – Intro to Creative Coding
Next Workshop: July 26-29, 2021
Course: Intro to Creative Coding
Location: Online Virtual Workshop via Zoom
Time: 4-day workshop; 9am-12pm each day + 3 hours homework (15 master plan points)
Dates: July 26-29, 2021
Who can apply: Open to K-12 Teachers in Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward & Palm Beach Counties, with preference to teachers from Title I schools. Private school teachers may apply, but they are not eligible for the $200 stipend.
Description: This PD workshop was designed with Art and CTE teachers in mind, but is open to all K-12 teachers. It provides teachers with training, curriculum, and post-training support to lead Code/Art’s four introductory code-based art lessons in the classroom! Each easy-to-teach lesson is geared toward expanding students’ creativity and teaching them computing skills. No previous computer programming experience is needed for teachers. These lessons help teachers bring coding to the art classroom and art to traditional STEM classrooms!
After completing the workshop, teachers will have:
• Familiarity with all course materials
• Gained experience coding all of the lessons
• Access to curriculum, video tutorials and other teaching resources
• Post-workshop virtual classroom support from Code/Art instructors (up to 8 hours)
• Email support from Code/Art (for up to one school year)
• A toolkit to help your students take part in Code/Art’s annual coding competition
• A connection to a community of teachers interested in creative coding
• $200 stipend after implementing at least 2 Code/Art lessons with your students and submitting proof of implementation (South Florida public school teachers only)
• A certificate of course completion
Please fill out the form below to apply for a spot.