CC-201 -Leading a Creative Coding Elective or Club
Upcoming Workshop: Jan 23 – Feb 13, 2021
Course: Leading a Creative Coding Elective or Club for M-DCPS teachers
Location: Online Virtual Workshop via Zoom
Time: 4-day workshop; 9am-12pm each day + 1 hour homework on days 1-3
Dates: January 23 & 30, February 6 & 13 (4 Saturdays)
Stipend: $200 after attending all four sessions, completing homework, evaluation form, proof of implementation and delivering a pitch for a creative coding elective or club to school principal. An additional $200 will be dispersed once the club or elective is established at your school.
Who can apply: Open to middle school and high school M-DCPS teachers
Description: This workshop is designed for CTE, Computer Science, and tech savvy Art educators teaching at a M-DCPS middle school or high School (or K-8 if teacher works with 6-8 graders). Participants must have a strong desire to establish a coding elective that will promote diversity, equity and inclusion at their schools. Participants must have previously attended Code/Art’s Intro to Creative Coding PD or have similar experience. Priority will be given to Title I, middle school, and CTE educators.
At the end of the workshop, teachers will have:
- Pitch to Admin for new elective (and/or CodeHER Club)
- Pitch to attract more underrepresented students in CS
- Access to curriculum outline and sample lessons
- Access to all needed lessons once club or elective is approved
- Classroom support from Code/Art instructors
- Email support from Code/Art (for the current school year)
- A toolkit to help your students take part in Code/Art’s annual coding competition
- A connection to a community of teachers interested in creative coding
- A certificate of course completion
- Fun swag!
Please fill out application below. Acceptances will be made on a rolling basis.