Work at Code/Art
Creative Coding Teaching Internship
Virtual – serving K-12 Public Schools in Miami-Dade County
As a Teaching Intern, you will be trained in the same four lessons as the teachers as well as in how to teach virtually over Zoom. We will need teaching interns to help train the teachers during our Professional Development workshops and to later assist the teachers in leading the lessons virtually in their classrooms. When assisting the teachers in their virtual classroom, you will work in teaching pairs with another college intern.
You teach as much or little as you want on your terms. You enter your availability (days and hours) into Code/Art’s scheduling app and then you receive an alert when you “match” for a teaching slot.This is a paid internship, with a typical intern teaching 8 sessions. Become a member of a group of 15 motivated instructors with a common goal! Code/Art gives a voice to instructors as well as students. Your perspectives on how best to teach Code/Art lessons and connect with the local C/IT ecosystem are welcome.
- Attend an initial training session
- Review the appropriate lesson before each session
- Fill out a short 3-question survey after each teaching session.
- Communicate any questions or concerns to Code/Art’s Programs Manager
- Attend each teaching session you accept and plan ahead so you arrive on time
- If you have to cancel a session you’ve accepted, give us at least a week’s notice, so we are able to schedule a replacement intern.
- Majoring or minoring in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience working with students in grades 4-12 a plus
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com.
Code/Art is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political affiliation, or other non-merit factors.
All qualified applicants must be able to satisfy the Department of Homeland Security Form I-9 requirement with the documents necessary to verify identity & employment authorization. If hired, you must sign a non-compete agreement with Code/Art.